Elevate your spirits and your taste buds! Enjoy fishing the outdoors until you get hungry for some award winning BBQ and homemade fixings.
Stay in our home away from home rustic cabins. Bring the family for an amazing adventure, or the significant other for a romantic getaway.
Glacier Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. We operate under special use permit with the United States Forest Service
This is our Kid's Fish First trout pond. That means any of our anglers under 16 get priority fishing for stocked rainbow trout, but it is open to all. We have a full service tackle shop with poles, bait and tackle. Picnic, fish, BBQ and create memories
Glacier Lodge hosts Weddings, Banquets, Corporate Retreats and Special Events. We offer lodging, catering, and event planning for 2 to 200 people. Now booking for 2023!
Cabins, camping, fishing, hiking, family
Season Update 7/16/2023
For RoverPass Bookings:
Want to avoid a rebook fee?
Text or call us 760-938-2937 *before* you cancel and rebook thru RoverPass!
We can check your new dates and if available, make the change.
Hi Everyone, Thanks for stopping by our website.
Glacier Lodge is officially open, however we are still rebuilding and recovering from the harsh winter, which will probably continue thru season-end due to the coming water run-off.
So here come the facts and some scenarios.
1. Our cabins Do Not Have Electricity. We do not have a restore date yet. All cabins are fully functional with all other amenities-lighting, heaters, running water, hot showers, etc...just no power. It is recommended to bring a power bank for charging your devices or charge them in your vehicle. Due to this, our store is not stocked with cold items and our food service is limited to weekends only.
2. Fishing Update: Good News...our Kids Trout Pond is back to being stocked on a regular basis! We look forward to your kids catching their first (or repeat) trout with us!
3. The creek water is running very high and fast this season. Because of this, Inyo County and First Responders are advising people to stay away from moving water and use extra caution near any water source.
4. The Lakes- If you need Big Pine Lakes trail conditions and weather info...the best source is the ALLTRAILS app. Hikers post their experience, trail conditions, and weather to the AllTrails app after their hike. You can Google "Big Pine Lakes weather" for the most up to date weather info at the Lakes.
5. There will be NO power to the campsites this season, as repairs will need to be made.
6. WE ARE OPEN!!!
WE ARE OPEN FOR ONLINE RESERVATIONS
If you have a reschedule from a previous season, please....text us at 760-938-2837 to schedule.
THANK YOU to all of our guests past, present, and future for hanging with us, supporting us, and especially for being patient with us while we continue to maintain, improve, and grow.
Glacier Lodge holds a special place in Darrin's heart, and many guests share this love. Darrin and I did not purchase Glacier Lodge to become wealthy. We purchased Glacier Lodge because Darrin grew up here. Caught his first fish here. My kids caught their first fish here. I didn't relocate my entire OC life to purchase a lodge with RUSTIC 2STAR accommodations and an unaccommodating campground as a last-ditch effort to price gouge people so that we could end up on Forbes wealthiest list. Both Darrin and I still need to work off season ventures. With that being stated...Glacier Lodge is not exempt from the ongoing and ever-changing operational adventures (thank you 2023 storms) that the last few years have brought us.
A LITTLE HISTORY and Important info:
Our cabins date back to the 1932 Winter Olympics. After the1932 Olympics ended, most were sold for transport out of the country, but a few ended up here at Glacier Lodge. The cabins were initially a dry spot to rest a weary head. But over the years, bathrooms and kitchens have been added, fixed, leveled, and fixed again. Our cabins are still 90+ years old rustic cabins with tilting frames and unlevel floors. We still have mice and snakes. We are still on the bazillion years old septic system. While this is a beautiful piece of history that we are proud to be a part of, please understand that our cabins are very rustic, cozy, and not 5 star accommodations. We are a small, family owned business and we do all the housekeeping and repairs ourselves. Please manage your expectations.
So, if you're the type of person that likes to leave reviews of whether you think it's worth it or not based on your opinion, WE ARE NOT FOR YOU! If you stay here because we are seriously the coolest people, have great BBQ, spectacular views, maybe a comfy mattress (which may also be a matter of opinion) and hot water (most of the time) after a long hike-we be your people!