STORM UPDATE 4/2/2023
Hi Everyone, Thanks for stopping by our website.
Snow, snow, snow, and more snow!!!!!!
Yes, it has impacted us here at Glacier Lodge and will continue to affect everything we do. So here come the facts and some scenarios.
1. Our cabins, campsites, store, and power lines from the hydroelectric generator up stream have sustained damage.
2. There is still over 7'-8' of snow around and on our cabins and campsites. We cannot even access multiple cabins to assess internal or structural damage.
3. The road coming up is NOT cleared to us, there is 5-6' of snow, rockslides, and downed trees for two miles down. We cannot drive to our business, that is normally open.
4. We are hoping to get aid from Inyo County, and at least get our roads cleared so we can figure out a plan to start repairs and get opened up this season.
5. Any reservation we take will be tentative and done by phone, our online reservation platform ROVERPASS will be working with us to figure out a way to refund with no charge if cancellations need to happen due to damage. We will add the link back as soon as possible.
6. Fishing- the streams will be very high and fast this season, not sure of the stocking schedule from Fish and Wildlife yet.
7. The Lakes- Best bet is to go on the ALL TRAILS and see if any other hikers have left info on the upper lakes. We have none, but don't expect the lake to even start melting, or trails to be clear until June/July. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
8. There will be NO power to the campsites this season, as repairs will need to be made.
9. OPENING- Our tenative opening date will be THURSDAY MAY 25, Memorial Day Weekend.
WE ARE OPEN FOR RESERVATIONS
Online booking is not available yet
If you have a reschedule from a previous season, please....text us at 760-938-2837 to schedule.
THANK YOU to all of our guests past, present, and future for hanging with us, supporting us, and especially for being patient with us while we work towards opening.
Glacier Lodge holds a special place in Darrin's heart, and many guests share this love. Darrin and I did not purchase Glacier Lodge to become wealthy. We purchased Glacier Lodge because Darrin grew up here. Caught his first fish here. My kids caught their first fish here. I didn't relocate my entire OC life to purchase a lodge with RUSTIC 2STAR accommodations and an unaccommodating campground as a last-ditch effort to price gouge people so that we could end up on Forbes wealthiest list. Both Darrin and I still need to work off season ventures. With that being stated...Glacier Lodge is not exempt from the staffing difficulties and increased operating costs that almost all businesses are experiencing...which we "took like a champ" and rode out the 2021 and 2022 seasons hoping for some kind of correction. As we head into our 2023 season, we may adjust pricing as needed. We really do not want to increase prices and I can assure you we will only do so when necessary.
Our cabins date back to the 1932 Winter Olympics. After the1932 Olympics ended, most were sold for transport out of the country, but a few ended up here at Glacier Lodge. The cabins were initially a dry spot to rest a weary head. But over the years, bathrooms and kitchens have been added, fixed, leveled, and fixed again. Our cabins are still 90+ years old rustic cabins with tilting frames and unlevel floors. We still have mice and snakes. We are still on the bazillion years old septic system. While this is a beautiful piece of history that we are proud to be a part of, please understand that our cabins are very rustic, cozy, and not 5 star accommodations. We are a small, family owned business and we do all the housekeeping and repairs ourselves. Please manage your expectations.
So, if you're the type of person that likes to leave reviews of whether you think it's worth it or not based on your opinion, WE ARE NOT FOR YOU! If you stay here because we are seriously the coolest people, have great BBQ, spectacular views, maybe a comfy mattress (which may also be a matter of opinion) and hot water (most of the time) after a long hike-we be your people!
Stay in our home away from home rustic cabins. Bring the family for an amazing adventure, or the significant other for a romantic getaway.
Elevate your spirits and your taste buds! Enjoy fishing the outdoors until you get hungry for some award winning BBQ and homemade fixings.
This is our Kid's Fish First trout pond. That means any of our anglers under 16 get priority fishing for stocked rainbow trout, but it is open to all. We have a full service tackle shop with poles, bait and tackle. Picnic, fish, BBQ and create memories
Cabins, camping, fishing, hiking, family
Glacier Lodge hosts Weddings, Banquets, Corporate Retreats and Special Events. We offer lodging, catering, and event planning for 2 to 200 people. Now booking for 2023!
Glacier Lodge is an equal opportunity employer. We operate under special use permit with the United States Forest Service